Ask a Question, Search for Information, Explore the Universe & Beyond.
Table of Contents
How Do I?
In cases of student grievance or disciplinary matters, where it is impractical for a distance education student to appear in person to be heard, to afford the student due process and expedient resolve of issues, special accommodations may be made such as: written statements, telephone conferences, electronic mail, video tape, video conference, or similar means of communication. Beaufort County Community College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate degrees, diplomas, and certificates. Distance learning students should contact state and federal agencies if they have complaints regarding accreditation or licensing issues.
BCCC Library Quick Links
WHAT IS THE FIRST THING I SHOULD DO?
- All new online students must complete the Online Assessment.
- Information for your course will be found within the intructors' welcome message and under the Syllabus/Course Info button in Blackboard.
- Your class syllabus is your guide to your class. It includes the information you will need to complete the course successfully. Read it thoroughly, even if you have taken muliple courses with the same instructor. Make note of any dues dates or special information.
- Online students only must complete the Introductory Assignment located in each of your Blackboard courses (Section numbers 20-29) you are enrolled in. This assignment must be completed by the due date or you will be withdrawn from the course. Hybrid and Web-enhanced classes do not have to complete the Introductory Assignment unless your instructor requires you to.
- Check-in to your course on a regular basis. Make sure you know what is happening! Check your student email as well.
- Keep up with your weekly readings in the textbooks and online.
- Complete your assignments and group work on time.
- Let your instructor know right away if you have questions about your lectures, readings, assignments, discussions, etc. so that you can get help right away!! You can email your instructor directly from Blackboard under the Tools button.
- Contact technical support as soon as possible if you have trouble with the Blackboard site while the course is running. If you do not tell anyone you are having problems, no one can help.
What Type of Blackboard Course Am I Enrolled In?
Blackboard - this is the campus wide software used for classes.
Hybrid - Section 40 classes. The primary delivery is on-line with a requirement that the students also meet in traditional face-to-face sessions as determined appropriate by the college.
Online Courses - Section 20 classes. 100% of the instruction is delivered through the Internet, except on-campus testing may be required for some courses. These "non-traditional" courses are designed for students who are self-directed.
Web Enhanced - instructors and students meet face-to-face. Blackboard may be used for posting assignments, grades, quizzes and submissions. Internet access may be required.
The successful online student knows how to:
Start your course on the first day of class,because a number of assignments may be due in the first two weeks.
New to Blackboard/Distance Learning or just need a refresher?
Orientation Sessions are held in the BCCC Library the beginning of each semester.
August 15, 2014 - Noon
August 18, 2014 - Noon-and 5:00PM
Classes are not available until the first day of class.
Click on the Blackboard Logo on homepage.
Click on the Login button.
Enter Username: last name + first initial + middle initial + 2-digit birth month + 2-digit day-of-birth.
Enter Password: last six digits of your social security #.
You will access a screen called My Institution. All Online, Web-enhanced and Hybrid courses that you are enrolled in and other valuable information will be listed on this page. Look under the left hand column titled My Courses, click on your class name to enter the course.
Types of Services Offered
Your student email account will not be available until after the first day of class.